We are no longer accepting abstracts for the 52nd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium and the 2nd International Discrete Fracture Network Engineering Conference, 20 – 22 June 2018. We have reviewed over 850 abstracts and plan to accept well over 600 papers. With the high technical quality and sheer number of abstracts, we expect to have an exceptional event.
Authors are required to submit papers by 15 March 2018. Please prepare your full paper and ensure that you upload it onto the Catalyst site. You will also have to consent to the copyright release via the online paper system as well. Paper template and instructions can be found in the Paper Instruction Template.
Please note that ARMA uses a two-review process for papers. Papers are reviewed and “accepted as is,” or “accepted with minor revisions,” or “rejected,” depending on technical quality, relevance to rock mechanics/geomechanics, and readability. Readability means understandable English. There will not be a second submission this year, so please know that your submission by 15 March is FINAL. No comments will be communicated on accepted or rejected papers. Papers will be reviewed, and you will be notified on 30 April 2018. Authors must register for the symposium by 10 May 2018. A presentation slot–either oral on the podium or poster on the floor–will be assigned after submission and acceptance of the final paper and registration of the author.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PAPER NUMBERING: As you may have noticed the Catalyst numbering system differs from the past. Instructions for preparing your paper are provided in the Word template below.
- Your paper number is the last 3 or 4 unique (non-zero) digits from the ID number assigned to your abstract. For example, an abstract ID of 0151_0228_000343 becomes paper ARMA 18-343. An abstract ID of 0151_0228_001440 becomes paper number ARMA 18-1440.
- If your number is has zeros preceding unique two-digits, then your number should keep the preceding zero, e.g., 0511_0228_000043 becomes ARMA 19-043.
- The 18 refers to the year. Similarly, for the DFNE conference, an abstract ID of 0151_0228_001440 becomes paper number DFNE 18-1440.
To facilitate travel arrangements, invitation letters to attend and participate in the symposium can be issued upon request after acceptance of an abstract.
- 15 March 2018: Deadline for paper submission and copyright consent. This deadline will be enforced due to timeframe of the symposium.
- 30 April 2018: Notification to corresponding author of accept/reject or minor revisions. Papers that do not meet standards of technical and editorial quality will be rejected.
- 10 May 2018: Minor revisions to papers due.
- 10 May 2018: Deadline for full symposium registration of one author. Registration for each paper is required to secure a presentation position and inclusion in the proceedings. Individuals may register for up to two papers. Other symposium items such as technical tours or field trips may be added to the registration package at any time.
- 15 May 2018: Presentation schedule posted on the symposium website. Papers will be assigned to poster or podium presentation, and final sessions may differ from topic areas.
- 17-20 June 2018: Symposium
- 20-22 June 2018: DFNE
Outstanding contributions to the conference will be recognized with awards from ARMA for Best Paper and for Best Poster for each poster session. The selection criteria include originality of the technical work, innovation, potential practical value and clarity of presentation.
For any questions, please contact Peter Smeallie, Executive Director, ARMA, at: email@example.com.